These guides provide suggestions, top-tips, advice and learning from projects and the evaluation team. They cover topics relating to multiple needs as well as conducting successful evaluations.
- 2014 Good Practice Guide - An introduction to Action Learning Sets (243.8 KiB)
This guide sets out a brief background to Action Learning, and in particular Action Learning Sets (ALS), how they operate and some key factors to consider in making them an effective mechanism for individual and organisational learning.
- 2014 Good Practice Guide - Assessing partnership working (338.9 KiB)
This guide signposts some of the available learning and support resources for assessing partnerships; it suggests how resources may be used and tailored by projects and includes with some tips on effective partnership building
as part of organisational learning.
- 2014 Good Practice Guide - Commissioning Evaluations (453.0 KiB)
This guide is intended to support partnerships delivering the BigLF’s Fulfilling Lives: Supporting people with multiple needs initiative in their commissioning of local-level independent evaluations.
- 2014 Good Practice Guide - Informed Consent (327.0 KiB)
This guide explores the issue of gaining informed consent from people taking part in research or evaluation projects and provides links to further information and resources. The guide has been developed to support the evaluation of the Fulfilling Lives: Supporting people with multiple needs initiative.
- 2015 Good Practice Guide - An Introduction To Data Visualisation (2.4 MiB)
This guide provides an introduction to data visualisation and how key principles of this are being used to support the national evaluation. Further useful sources of information are given at the end of this document.
- 2015 Good Practice Guide - An introduction to sharing service user data (474.8 KiB)
This guide introduces good practice in sharing service user data, drawing upon the examples explored in a webinar held with projects funded through the Big Lottery Fund’s Fulfilling Lives: Supporting people with multiple needs initiative.
- 2015 Good Practice Guide - An Introduction to Social Return on Investment (433.8 KiB)
This guide acts as an introduction to some of the key principles of Social Return on Investment (SROI) and issues for consideration when applying this methodology.
- 2015 Good Practice Guide - Involving Service Users in Recruitment (146.5 KiB)
This guide has been prepared by peer researchers from the National Expert Citizens Group, part of the Big Lottery Fund initiative Fulfilling Lives: Supporting people with multiple needs. It is informed by qualitative research
exploring the extent to which service users were involved in the recruitment undertaken as part of the inception stage of the 12 funded projects.