Fulfilling Lives Stoke On Trent
Local authority boundaries of Stoke-on-Trent.
- Lead Partner: Brighter Futures
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Stoke-on-Trent PCT
- Staffordshire Probation Trust
- local police and crime commissioners
- Stoke on Trent Public Health Directorate
- North Staffordshire MIND
- YMCA North Staffordshire
- RIOT (Recovery is Out There)
- Stoke-on-Trent Citizens Advice Bureau
- Aspire Housing Association
- Expert Citizens Core Group
WHAT THE PROJECT DOES
The primary approach of Voices is the ‘Golden Ticket’. This provides an individual with complex needs guaranteed access to a range of services, a personal budget, a peer mentor and a service coordinator. The funding and flexibility associated with the ticket allows an individual to be in control of their recovery journey with assistance from their service coordinator. Partner agencies sign up to the ‘Golden Ticket’ and adopt its standards. These include but are not limited to:
- Accepting that the ticket provides access to their service without further checking or filtering.
- Not barring, evicting or excluding a Golden Ticket holder (unless there is an immediate danger and then always with a right of appeal and peer advocacy) from accessing and using their service.
- Recognising the value of Expert Citizens as valid and valuable advocates.
- Actively recruiting and monitoring staff with relevant lived experience.
In order to deliver this scheme, the project is staffed by a team that is directly recruited rather than via secondments. The design and leadership of the project is co-produced with expert citizens who have ‘lived experience’ of multiple needs.
Over the course of the project 1,001 stories will be created based on the experiences of service users. These stories will be captured via a number of means (case studies, video diaries and interviews) and disseminated through Communities of Practice (CoP), forum theatres, partnership boards, steering groups and during one-to-one discussions with service delivery personnel. The aim of the stories is to provide learning about current service delivery (successes, setbacks, frustrations that individuals experience) and act as an impetus for change within the current system.
Marguerite Castille, Executive Assistant, Brighter Futuresemail: email@example.com