South East Regional Partnership
Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings
- Lead Partner: Brighton Housing Trust
- Brighton and Hove City Council
- Eastbourne Borough Council
- East Sussex County Council
- Hastings Borough Council
- HMP Lewes
- Homeless Link
- Sanctuary Supported Living
- Brighton Women's Centre
- Southdown Housing Association
- Sussex Oakleaf
- Service user representation from Core Group
WHAT THE PROJECT DOES
The project has a number of key features which include:
- The provision of assertive engagement (outreach)
- The direct inclusion of expert citizens within the design and delivery of the project.
- The provision of targeted staff teams in three geographical areas to allow the project to be responsive to any differences locally in terms of demographics, politics, commissioning processes and service availability.
A unique aspect of this project is its use of specialist workers (two within each team). Every two years the project will focus on a specialism to meet the areas prioritised by service users and professionals. The staff appointed to these posts will be clinical experts in their field. In the first two years of the project the specialist posts will be focused on:
- Individuals with dual diagnosis: Individuals with dual diagnosis whose needs are not currently being met or who are not accessing or being accepted onto services.
- Women with complex needs: Women with multiple needs who have had children taken into care; are in abusive violent relationships; are not engaged in sexual health services; or have had repeat pregnancies, terminations and miscarriages.