Inspiring Change Manchester
Local authority boundaries of Manchester City
WHAT THE PROJECT DOES
The project seeks to meet its aims by trialling new ways of coordinating services by undertaking the following:
- An Engagement Team: The Engagement Team is the entry point into the programme; it helps people not receiving support and works with them in a person centred way, focussing on their assets and potential. It helps them navigate their way to support and focuses on long term and sustainable positive change..
- A Mental Health Pathway: Providing support around emotional wellbeing, and promoting resilience and self-esteem via talking therapies and psychological support. Supports service users, staff and volunteers by creating and maintaining a PIE..
- GROW Campus – GROW: Getting Real Opportunities for Work. Provides bespoke support for the programme’s service users around education, training, employment and volunteering. Operates the GROW Campus which helps deliver GROW Traineeships and fixed term employment contracts for people with lived experience of multiple needs. These include NVQs or other vocational qualifications. The GROW Campus also supports the programme’s volunteer peer mentor scheme.
- Accommodation Pathway: Providing support, advice, practical assistance and representation with regard to housing needs. The majority of Inspiring Change’s service users have housing needs and establishing safe and stable accommodation is key to them addressing other needs.
- Flexible Fund: Personal budgets fund to promote engagement and support each service user’s journey to lasting positive change.
- Programme Team: Hosts the Inspiring Change Core Group, the body made up of people with lived experience of multiple needs that helped design the programme, commission its service providers, recruit staff, steer delivery and evaluate its success. The programme team also promotes systems change in the city based on learning from the Fulfilling Lives programme. It designs and commissions a local evaluation to support this. Finally, it provides leadership for the programme, supporting and contract managing the providers.
- A Community HUB: A place where people involved in the programme can meet and work together incorporating a PIE. It has been produced in partnership with people who have experienced support services.